Types of works eligible for copyright protection
Types of works eligible for copyright protection include:
Literary, artistic and scientific works eligible for copyright protection include:
- Literary, artistic and scientific works, textbooks, teaching courses and other works expressed in written languages or other characters;
- Lectures, addresses and other sermons;
- Press works;
- Musical works;
- Dramatic works;
- Cinematographic works and works created by a process analogous to cinematography (below collectively referred to as cinematographic works);
- Plastic-art works and works of applied art;
- Photographic works;
- Architectural works;
- Sketches, plans, maps and drawings related to topography, architecture or scientific works
- Folklore and folk art works of folk culture;
- Computer programs and data compilations
Derivative works shall be protected under the above mention types if it is not prejudicial to the copyright to works used to create these derivative
- Information of the author(s) such as: Full name, Identify Card Number, Current address, permanent address; …
- Information of the works such as: name, the date of publication (if any), the place of publication (if any); …
- A written declaration for Registration of the Copyrights/Related
- 02 copies of the work subject to application for copyrights registration or 02 copies of the fixed object subject to the related rights registration;
- A power of attorney (under our from);
- Documents proving the right to file an application where the applicant acquires such right due to inheritance, succession from or assignment by another person;
- Written consent of co-authors, for works under joint authorship;
- Written consent of co-owners if the copyrights, related rights are under joint ownership.
Note: These documents stipulated above must be made in Vietnamese or must be translated into Vietnamese and notarized if they are made in foreign languages.
Within 15-20 working days from the date of receipt of a valid application, the Copyright Office shall grant the Copyright/Related Rights Registration Certificate to the relevant applicant. In case of refusing to grant the Copyright/Related Rights Registration Certificate, the Copyright Office shall notify the applicant in writing.
For more detailed information and timely advice, please contact us immediately:
With a team of deep expertise and more than 20 years of experience in the field of intellectual property protection based on our six Core Values, including: Integrity, Empathy, Responsibility, Carefulness, Determination and Learn, We (ELITE Law Firm) are committed to accompanying you and will support you in carrying out this procedure successfully, quickly and economically. Contact us now!