What is a patent amendment?
ELITE Law Firm (ELITE): According to regulations, after obtaining a patent, the patent owner has the right to request the Vietnam Intellectual Property Office (VNIPO) to record changes in information on the patent in the following cases:
– Change of name, address, of the patent owner;
– Change the nationality of the inventor
– Change the owner of the patent
What are the required documents for a patent amendment application?
ELITE: The amendment application for a patent includes the following documents:
- Amendment request application (under a required Form), clearly stating the request for recording changes. One amendment request application may request amendments to multiple patents if they have the same amended content, provided that the requester must pay the prescribed fee for each patent;
- an Original patent if the patent has been granted in the paper form;
- Documents proving the change of name and address (an original or certified copy); a decision on change of company’s name and address; Business registration license records the change of name and address; Other legal documents proving the change of name and address (original or certified copy) if the content requested to be changed is name and address;
- Documents proving the transfer of ownership rights according to regulations (documents proving the inheritance, inheritance, merger, division, separation, consolidation, joint venture, association, establishment of a new legal entity of the same owner, conversion of business form or according to a decision of the Court or other competent authority), if requesting to change the owner of a patent;
- Documents detailing the revised content;
- Authorization document/ Power of Attorney (in case the request is submitted through an IP Representative/Agent);
- Copy of fee payment voucher (in case of payment of fees and charges via postal service or direct payment to the VNIPO’s bank account).
How long does it take to complete the procedure of a patent amendment?
ELITE: Under the patent regulations, it takes 02 months to complete the procedure of a patent amendment from the date of submitting a full application.
How much does it cost for the procedure of a patent amendment?
ELITE: We note that fees for this procedure include:
- Government fees (including: fee for amendment examination, publication fee, registration fee): 400,000 VND
- Service fee: Please contact us immediately to enjoy the most preferential service fee.
With a team of deep expertise and more than 20 years of experience in the field of intellectual property protection based on our six Core Values, including: Integrity, Empathy, Responsibility, Carefulness, Determination and Learn, We (ELITE Law Firm) are committed to accompanying you and will assist you in carrying out this procedure safely. Contact us now!
RESOLVING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS DISPUTES QUICKLY AND EFFECTIVELY
PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS SECURELY
FOR DOING BUSINESS STRONGLY, DEVELOPING SUCCESSFULLY