What is an amendment to a patent application?
ELITE: According to regulations, before the National Office of Intellectual Property issues a decision to refuse to accept an application, grant or refuse to grant a patent, the applicant can:
- Amending and supplementing documents in the application with the condition that the amendments and supplements must not expand the scope (volume) of protection already disclosed in the description of the patent application and must not be change the nature of the subject stated in the application;
- Amendments to the applicant’s name, address, and country code.
What documents/papers are needed to amend a patent application?
ELITE: According to regulations, the dossier for reissuance of a trademark registration certificate requires the following documents:
- Original Power of Attorney (under our form);
- Part or all of the description or summary of the invention;
- In case of changing the applicant’s name, address, and country code. The applicant must submit confirmation documents (original or certified copy) or legal documents (certified copy) proving the change (decision to change name, address; registration certificate showing the change of name, address, etc.);
- In case of change of IP Representative Agent, the applicant must submit a Declaration of change of an IP Representative.
How long does it take to amend a patent application?
ELITE: According to regulations, the procedure for amending a patent application is 02 months from the date of submitting full documents.
How much does it cost to amend a patent application?
ELITE: Fees for this procedure include:
- Total Official fees (including: examination fees for amendment and supplement request; publication fees): 280,000 VND
- Service fee: please contact us immediately to enjoy the most preferential service fee.
With the Team of deep expertise and more than 20 years of experience in the field of intellectual property protection based on our six Core Values, including: Integrity, Empathy, Responsibility, Carefulness, Determination and Learn, We (ELITE Law Firm) are committed to accompanying you and will support you in conducting this procedure successfully, quickly and economically. Contact us now!
RESOLVING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS DISPUTES QUICKLY AND EFFECTIVELY
PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS SECURELY
FOR DOING BUSINESS STRONGLY, DEVELOPING SUCCESSFULLY