What is amendment of trademark registration certificate?
ELITE: According to regulations, the owner of a trademark registration certificate has the right to request the Vietnam National Office of Intellectual Property (VNIPO) to record information changes on the trademark registration certificate in the following cases:
- Change the name and address of the owner of the trademark registration certificate;
- Change the owner of the trademark registration certificate
What documents/papers are needed to amend a trademark registration certificate?
ELITE: According to regulations, the dossier to amend the trademark registration certificate requires the following documents:
- Amendment request declaration (according to Form No. 06 in Appendix II of Decree 65/2023/ND-CP), clearly stating the request for recording changes. An amendment request declaration may request the amendment of multiple trademark registration certificates if they have the same amended content, provided that the requester must pay the prescribed fee for each trademark registration certificate. signal;
- Original trademark registration certificate in case the trademark registration certificate is issued in paper form;
- Documents confirming the change of name and address (original or certified copy); deciding to change name and address; Business registration license records the change of name and address; Other legal documents proving the change of name and address (original or certified copy) if the content requested to be changed is name and address;
- Documents proving the transfer of ownership rights according to regulations (documents proving the inheritance, inheritance, merger, division, separation, consolidation, joint venture, association, establishment of a new legal entity of the same owner, conversion of business form or according to a decision of the Court or another competent authority), if requesting to change the owner of the trademark registration certificate;
- Documents detailing the revised content;
- 05 trademark samples;
- Authorization document (in case the request is submitted through an IP representative);
- Copy of fee payment voucher (in case of payment of fees and charges via postal service or direct payment to the VNIPO’s bank account).
How long does it take to amend a trademark registration certificate?
ELITE: According to regulations, the procedure for amending a trademark registration certificate is 02 months from the date of submitting full documents.
How much does it cost to amend a trademark certificate?
ELITE: Fees for this procedure include:
- Total state fees (including: fee for examination of request for amendment, publication fee, registration fee): 400,000 VND
- Service fee: Please contact us immediately to enjoy the most preferential service fee.
With a team of deep expertise and more than 20 years of experience in the field of intellectual property protection based on our six Core Values, including: Integrity, Empathy, Responsibility, Carefulness, Determination and Learn, We (ELITE Law Firm) are committed to accompanying you and will assist you in conducting this procedure safely, quickly and economically. Contact us now!
RESOLVING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS DISPUTES QUICKLY AND EFFECTIVELY
PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS SECURELY
FOR DOING BUSINESS STRONGLY, DEVELOPING SUCCESSFULLY