By: Elite Law Firm
We would like to introduce to you the statistics of industrial design filing in Vietnam in 2022 and correlation with the years 2021 in the form of Q&A. We hope this information is useful and supports you in doing business in Vietnam.
How many industrial design applications have been filed in Vietnam in 2022?
In 2022, a total of 3344 industrial design applications were filed in Vietnam, which represents a decrease of 1,01% (34 applications) compared to the 3378 applications filed in 2021. This includes 1,346 foreign industrial design registration applications, accounting for 40.25% of the total number of industrial design applications filed directly in Vietnam in 2022.
How many industrial design patents have been granted in 2022?
A total of 1,819 national registration applications were granted industrial design patents in 2022, indicating a decrease of 284 applications (approximately 15,61%) compared to the 2,103 industrial design patents issued in 2021. Out of the total, 742 industrial design patents have been issued to foreigners.
Which are the top 10 cities/ provinces with highest applications filed for the protection of industrial property?
In which, trademark applications account for a large proportion of the total number of industrial property applications filed in 2022 in Vietnam.
How is the percentage of direct industrial property registration applications broken down by subject matter in Vietnam in 2022 distributed?
81% of industrial property applications filed directly in Vietnam in 2022 are trademark applications. The remaining 19% of applications are: Invention (13%); Utility solutions (1%); Industrial design (5%).
Tags: Industrial Design
RESOLVING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS DISPUTES QUICKLY AND EFFECTIVELY
PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS SECURELY
FOR DOING BUSINESS STRONGLY, DEVELOPING SUCCESSFULLY